Senior Web Developer (PHP/Laravel)
(Onsite, no remote, no Visa sponsoring)
We are a fun and fast-growing tech company in Manhattan, KS whose SaaS is used to manage large collaborative research programs, with a special focus on data collection, monitoring & evaluation, and aggregating reports for stakeholders.
We’re looking for a senior web developer to provide further experience and development speed to our software team. This person will focus almost exclusively on product features and maintenance and will be vigorously protected from anything that might distract from that focus. We limit our developers’ meetings, provide ideal equipment in a quiet private office, supply interesting technical work, and work in a fun and friendly atmosphere.
We believe strongly in simplicity and use a Laravel/MySQL/Bootstrap/Vue stack on AWS GovCloud EC2. We are looking for someone with a love for building maintainable software and an ability to coordinate well with a software team.
We love what we do, do what we say, serve well and always rise to a challenge. We care deeply about software quality and taking care of our clients — who work just as hard as we do whether fighting citrus greening disease, alleviating child stunting in developing nations, or researching polymer-derived ceramics.
We also think Manhattan, Kansas is the best place to live in the world. The Little Apple ranks number 2 on the Livability.com 2018 Top 100 Best Places to Live. With our friendly mid-west population, low cost of living, vibrant college town and growing IT sector, we know you will enjoy living and working in Manhattan.
Preferred experience (but not required — please apply!):
- 5+ years professional experience in full life cycle web software engineering using best practices
- Experience making software stack and architecture decisions
- Experience with AWS and writing software integrations
- Experience working on a software team
- Nearly exclusive focus on writing/maintaining software and servers
- Primary software engineer for our two products — Piestar DPx and Piestar RFx
- Make product architecture decisions
- Provide estimates and communicate changes over time
- Increase skill of other software team members
- Maintain AWS servers
Not your problem (unless you love it):
- Client meetings / requirements gathering
- Scrum master / assigning work to other team members
- Design / UI / UX work (but we wouldn’t complain if you had this skill…)
- Desktop / network / client support
- Brand new high-end laptop, 2+ large high-res monitors, standing desk, and whatever else you need to be thrilled and productive
- Nicely finished private office in downtown Manhattan KS with the rest of our team
- Coffee/tea provided as well as a weekly staff lunch
- We budget for professional development including conferences, books, courses, etc.
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Medical reimbursement, 5% 401k match, with additional benefits as we grow
- Vast opportunity for career and compensation growth
- Both founders are technical and are committed to providing a great atmosphere for coding
- Camaraderie with full-time and student developers (laser tag and foosball provided but optional)
Please apply by sending a letter of interest (cover letter), resume or CV, along with a list of 3 references to Ben Claar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Piestar, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.